Friday, March 30, 2012

34 Weeks

I was so happy when I read this in my weekly pregnancy email: "You'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. In the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies." It's so nice to finally reach that point that no matter when the baby is born from here on out she will most likely be fine. She should be weighing around 5 lbs now and over 18 inches long.

I have to say that I am ready.to.go. In my last month of pregnancy with Sam I did feel fat, tired, and had the other pregnancy symptoms of heartburn, peeing ten times a night etc. However, I was still working full time when I was a week overdue with Sam and I felt like I could still go a few more weeks. This pregnancy is so different. No only do I feel more emotionally ready to have Brooklyn, but physically I could go today and I would be thrilled. I am so uncomfortable. I have so many stomach pains and cramps, Braxton Hicks contractions, swollen hands, lots of back pain...you get the idea. I hope that these things mean I will go earlier or at least on my own without having to be induced, but I guess you never know.

So we are definitely in countdown mode now. The bags are all packed and ready to go!

*This post really isn't meant to complain and whine about the pregnancy, more just to update my family on how things are going. I will continue to keep you posted!

2 comments:

jess said...

I'm so excited for you, words can't express it! I know you feel crappy but some belly pictures would be nice!

North Salties said...

How exciting! Your pregnancy has flown on by! I can't wait to see pics of cute Brooklyn!