Saturday, March 17, 2012

7 years ago today...

I was at the hospital having a very unexpected surgery. I was getting a 14 pound tumor removed along with my left ovary. I will always remember this day as one of the most faith building and spiritually strengthening experiences of my life.

It was lass than 2 months away from my wedding date when I found out I had a tumor that had been growing, for who knows how long, that had taken over one of my ovaries. At the moment that I entered the operating room I was overcome with emotions. Fear was the biggest one of all. I remember leaving my mom and fiance in the waiting room and feeling more fear than I thought I could ever feel. We had no clue how big the tumor actually was, we had no idea if it was cancerous, we had no idea if I would ever be able to have children, we had no idea if we would have to push back our wedding day/plans.

This is the second time that I have been pregnant on this anniversary and both times I have been filled with such immense gratitude. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for allowing me to bear children. I am so grateful for everything I learned through those few scary months. I am so grateful that everything turned out OK and that I get to live the life dream that I had always wanted. I am so grateful for my healthy body.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I am sure it means something different to you :)

1 comment:

jess said...

What a scary time it was. It seems like a distant nightmare now. I'm so grateful you are healthy and bringing beautiful girls into the world.