Thursday, May 29, 2008
Happy Birthday Matt. We love you very much!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
I think I have got the green bug! It started with the new National Geographic magazine "Green Guide". Then, I found this website that I love: http://eartheasy.com/live_menu.htm.
Check out some of these facts:
- Every ton of recycled paper saves 17 forty foot Douglas Fir trees.
- Paper takes up as much as 50% of all landfill space.
- Up to 90% of recycled glass can be reused to make new glass items, such as bottles and jars.
- Every glass bottle recycled saves enough energy for a 100 watt light bulb to be lit for 4 hours.
- Americans throw away enough aluminum to rebuild the entire commercial airline fleet every six months.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run your TV for 3 hours.
- Thirty-six recycled bottles can make one square yard of carpet.
- 130 billion beverage containers are sent to US landfills each year.
- Recycling a 1-gallon plastic milk jug will save enough energy to keep a 100-watt bulb burning for 11 hours.
SO, I am starting small but have hopes of getting better and better at this! Nic and I set up some recycling boxes (I read that it's cheaper and better for the environment to use boxes instead of recycle bins). Secondly, we are planting our first garden!! Nic has been working on the planter boxes and we hope to get everything planted by this weekend. It is such a neat feeling to be doing something good for the environment and yourself! Do you have other GREEN tips? Please post your comments!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Am I the only person who feels this way? Please post your comments on your opinion of this movie (Good or Bad)!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
I love that you are tall, strong, & handsome!
I love that you make me feel so good about myself!
I love that you are so good with money!
I love that you are great with your hands and can build or fix anything!
I love that you like 80's rock n roll music!
I love that you love to BBQ!
I love that you are still a scout--and are always prepared!
I love that you love football & wrestling!
I love that you will do anything I want to do on a Friday night!
I love that you have all of the great qualities of both of your parents!
I love that you put my happiness above all else!
I love that you have taught me to be a more independent thinker!
I love that you love John Wayne movies & old westerns!
I love that you work so hard at everything that you do!
I love that you are so smart and know the answer to everything that I ask you!
I could keep going forever. The crazy thing about all of his amazing qualities is that they are EVERYTHING I wanted in a husband. I remember a lot of friends telling me that I was way too picky and that there was no such person. I know fully well that I don't deserve him, but he is everything I had ever dreamed about and I am so glad that I waited for him. Anna, thank you again for all that you did to get us together. I owe so much of my happiness to you.
Nic, I love you so much. Thank you for making me the happiest woman alive! Happy Anniversary!