Thursday, October 6, 2011

Carson City Day 6

It's been fun, can I go home now?

I went to my first doctor's visit here in Carson City. We asked around and this group of OB/GYN is who everyone recommended to us. I left feeling very discouraged.

I'll start by saying it was a huge mistake to take Sam with me, but what other options do I have when we have lived here for 6 days. She was bored and tired and out of control. Already not a good starting point.

The first question I get asked is what my insurance is. I said we just moved here and our insurance won't start for 3 months..huff, huff, huff. They started drilling me on the details of our insurance....how would I know that information if we don't have it yet?? I barely know my address at this point. I told them I would pay out of pocket until we had insurance and that didn't seem to satisfy them. I just told you I will pay you..today.

I am starting to feel the annoyance of living in such a small town. For all of the sreening tests/ultrasounds you have to go to RENO. There is only one option for where you can deliver. They don't draw your blood there for your tests, so they said I had to go to this lab in town. I asked them for that address, she replied "I don't have that. If you go back out on North Carson St you can find it by the McDonalds and the Starbucks". No joke.

On a better note, my actual doctor I did really like. She was surprising close to my age and she seemed very personable.

And on the best note, here is our baby. Yeah, s/he doesn't really look like anything in this picture but they have a good strong heart beat and s/he is mearsuring at 9 weeks and 4 days.
The baby is laying on her side if that helps :)

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

I am sending my thoughts and love to you! It will get better, and if not I can come kidnap you and Sam! LOVE YA

Jen said...

Ash, I'm sorry! It's great that you connected with your Dr. That's most important, although the other stuff is very annoying.