Monday, October 17, 2011

Carson City Day 17

Sam and I had an awesome day today, we accomplished a lot. We cleaned the house, went walking, played at the park, got the oil changed in the car, had a great visit with a new friend, and made a fun new dinner.

I like to try new recipes on Mondays. I somehow have a stronger Homemaker instinct after the weekend when things get back on schedule. Today I made Stuffing Chicken, Ranch Potatoes, green beans & pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting (much better recipe than the one I tried a few weeks ago)
I tweaked these recipes a bit. For the chicken, I followed an alternate suggestion to layer it instead of roll it. It was much easier and faster.
This cake is to die for. The recipe is from my dear friend Allie. It is a wonderful Fall dessert that I will use all of the time now. Here is the recipe:

4 eggs
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 c. sugar
15 oz. pumpkin
2 1/2 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients and spread across a cookie sheet (jelly roll pan). Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (check for middle to be set). Cool before frosting.
I only baked mine for 19 minutes and it was perfect and moist

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
2 1/2 - 3 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter, softened
I added some milk because mine was a little stiff

1 comment:

Jen said...

Licking the screen...