Sunday, October 23, 2011

Carson City Day 21, 22 : Surprise Visit!

This has been the worst week for my homesickness. That's mostly because my sister Wendy went home to Utah for her Fall break and it made me so sad to not be home with everyone. Well, my in-laws made an impromptu trip here Thursday night. It's just what I needed. When Sam woke up Friday morning she was in pure Heaven to see 1/2 of her family who she loves and misses so much. We had the best weekend playing and showing them around the area.

Playing in the leaves
 Joe's in Reno (so cute, 50's style diner)
 Driving up to Lake Tahoe
(This place totally changed my opinion of living in Carson City!)
 Crossing over the Nevada/California State Line
 I loved Lake Tahoe and all that surrounds it. It's like Park City mixed with a beautiful lake and forest. It has adorable shops and boutiques with a lot of restaurants and activities. It's only a short 20 minutes from our house. I just can't believe that such a beautiful place is right through the sage brush covered mountains.
 The water was so clear

 Even though it was freezing, Sam cried when we made her get out of the water
I was so excited when I saw this Chevy's sign! We fell in love with Chevy's when we were living in Washington DC last year. They don't have any in Utah so I am so thrilled there is one close to us again.
Making their fresh tortillas
 SO good!

Needless to say I am totally in love with Lake Tahoe and all that surrounds it. It really does make living here easier knowing that there is that kind of beauty and fun so close.
Thank you Gary, Char, Kimmy & Daniel for making the long drive out here and making our weekend!
(we welcome any visitors, any time...hint, hint, wink,wink)

Now I only have 30 days until we get to go home for Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

So glad you got to be with the family. I love Lake Tahoe, it's one of the most beautiful places i've ever been to. You would enjoy the Ponderosa and Virginia City. I did a post on our trip there in July.