Thursday, October 20, 2011

Carson City Day 20

Book Club! I skyped in to my book club at home today. This month our book was "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford.

Putting aside my frustrations of skyping in for book club (I couldn't hear, I couldn't see, and I wasn't there to discuss my new favorite book!) I am happy to give my thoughts here on my blog.

This is my new favorite book. It has everything I have been looking for in a book;
  • enough tragedy to pull at your heart strings, but not break it
  • such a strong friendship and love connection
  • it was well written, and easy to read (no big words I didn't understand)
  • no swearing or anything inappropriate
  • love is the reason why everything in the book happens (love for a person, country, value, belief)
  • I usually think books that switch back and forth between past and present can get confusing, but I didn't think that at all this time
This is a story of mystery, friendship, prejudice, patriotism, and everlasting love. It isn't very often that I feel like I can't put a book down. I loved living in this story.
I highly recommend it!

Now I am on a quest to find other books like this, if you know of any let me know!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I loved it as well. I'm so glad you did! I bawled like a baby at the end. It was a great read.