Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January, really?

Not only can't I believe that it's January, I can't even believe that the holidays have already come and gone. I honestly feel like it's September. I am going to be lazy and skip over posting my 400 Christmas photos. We spent a week in Utah for the holidays and every minute was literally packed with family events and get togethers. It was so great to see everyone but I almost wish that we would have come the week after Christmas so that we could just have a relaxing time with our family and friends. I liked being able to do some family Christmas traditions, but I think next year I would prefer doing our own Christmas at home and then visiting family afterwards. I don't know, we will see what next year brings. We had a very Merry Christmas and we hope you did too.

So on to other updates...

Potty Training: I was right on how much I was dreading potty training. It has been a challenge and a huge learning experience. I have been reading a lot about potty training since Sam turned 2. We started the 3 Day Potty training last Wednesday. A lot of people recommended it. I followed her advice completely and Sam did pretty well. She was no where potty trained by the end of the 3rd day though. The lady is really against sitting them on the toilet just to try, basically they won't learn their bodies signals of when they need to go if you force them to go at certain times. Well we had stayed in the house for almost a week, and I was going crazy, so over the weekend we would make her try to go before we left. This seems to be a much better approach for Samantha. She has had no accidents at all for 2 days now and she does go on her own without prompting most of the time. So, I think we are almost there.

I am feeling very comfortable living out of state now. You never know if you are just more used to a new place or if your opinion has really changed. I still am not really an advocate for Carson City, but I have found that I enjoy living and experiencing a new state and place. I definitely miss family but there are a lot of neat experiences that you get to have by living on your own.

As far as New Years resolutions go, I only have one. It's to be better at studying and reading my scriptures. I think that if I do that I will be better in every other category in my life. (It's nice to be pregnant and not have the weight loss goal this year LOL!)

Happy New Year to you. To all of my friends, I am so sorry that I didn't get to see you while I was home. I hope to plan another trip home soon!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah, Christmas week was totally nuts. I'm still groggy every morning lol.

I applaud you for figuring out what works best for the potty for you. Heck with the books. Great job, Sam!