Friday, January 13, 2012

Stir Crazy

From October-December we have been able to keep busy with holidays, traveling, and adjusting to our new lives here in Nevada. But now that January is here I am going a little stir crazy. I get so bored staying home, I have to have things to do with Sam to keep my sanity.

Everyday I just wish I could go to Tracy Aviary, Hogle Zoo, Discovery Gateway, Utah Gymnastics, a playdate or lunch with one of my best friends or sisters, toddler/mommy dance class, the list goes on and on. I used to have something to blog about every week that we were doing....now I am struggling to find any kind of activities like this.

Although I feel better about Carson than I used to, I still feel like there is nothing to do here. Especially for kids and families. You can only go to the Library so many times. I realize that Salt Lake is just a much bigger place so it will obviously have more to do, but I have to find something here to occupy my time and brain.

So, for my friends who live here in Nevada, please tell me where you take your kids and what you do for fun!

2 comments:

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

Positive Energy (it's a tumbling/dance studio) has a drop-in playgroup on Thursday & Friday mornings from 9:30-11. It's $5/class & for kids "walking to age 4".

http://www.positive-energy.us/Positive_Energy_-_Class_Des.html

There's the Children's Museum on Carson Street. It's a little underwhelming if you're coming from a larger city (like SLC or, in my case, San Jose) but the kids seem to enjoy it. A 1-year family membership is $60, otherwise it's $5/adult & $3/kid. Open everyday from 10:00-4:30.

http://www.cmnn.org/

There's the train museum - not sure if Sam would care much about it, but starting April they run train rides on the steam engine on the weekend.

http://museums.nevadaculture.org/dmdocuments/2010nsrm-operatingschedule.pdf

The pool at the community center has a tot pool that has a very shallow end & it's kept quite a bit warmer than the standard pool. Here are their rates: http://www.carson.org/Index.aspx?page=959

There are also several other community things throughout the year - Cops & Kids, the National Night Out, etc... I'll try to make sure I let you know about them as they come up!

Anna Heywood said...

We are missing you too! Wishing I could wisk you away to all kinds of fun things to break up the monotony.

In the mean time though, have you ever considered starting your own programs? You and Sam could be fantasic Mommy and me dance instructors! Or, what about getting some moms together and doing pre-preschool sessions focusing on simple things like colors and counting. I could see you really enjoying putting the content together and teaching. Just a thought!

Please know we are thinking about you and sending you are best wishes. Love you!