Monday, February 28, 2011

Another new recipe (Just noticed my sister posted the same one!)

I tried another recipe from my great new cookbook. Here it is if you want to try it. I made a couple changes that I will note:

Chicken Lasagna
Ingredients

9 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (I did 1 chicken, 1 cream of mushroom)
2/3 cup milk (I skipped the milk and added cottage cheese to thicken it up)
2 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
18 slices process American cheese ( I used shredded cheddar)

Directions
1.Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large saucepan, combine soup and milk. Cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in vegetables and chicken. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer three noodles, a third of the soup mixture and six cheese slices. Repeat layers twice.

2.Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.

Note: I just cooked my chicken in the crockpot with all of the ingredients (besides the noodles and cheese) and it saved a lot of time.


3 comments:

We're the Hamilton's said...

MMM looks tasty! I will give this one a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

Thanks for the variation! Cottage cheese would be awesome.

I'll put this on my list of ones to try.

Aubrey said...

Yum! I'll have to try that one!