Thursday, August 5, 2010

My head is spinning!

It is so great to be back in Utah! I didn't feel like I needed to leave DC, but now that we are home I am so happy. I am loving the cooler weather, seeing family, and having a car again.

Since our plane landed my head has just been spinning. My house is out of control and I hate chaos. I need to get organized, so I am using my blog to write down my thoughts and tasks. We have a lot of family obligations this week. Nic's brother is leaving on his mission so we have jammed the week full of family pictures, dinners, etc. Not to mention we are finally celebrating Sam's 1st Birthday this weekend.

I need to:
  • Finish unpacking
  • CLEAN (everything in the apartment is dusty and gross from us being gone all summer)
  • Laundry, Laundry, Laundry
  • Buy replacement stroller (Delta broke ours on the flight home)
  • Shop for Sam's Party (gift, food & paper products)
  • Make desserts for Benj's farewell
  • Oil Change/Car repairs
  • Get my pictures ready to enter in the Davis County Fair
  • Get Nic suits for upcoming interviews
  • Get the yard ready for Sam's party
Once those things are completed, I desperately need a girls night with my sisters! I missed them so bad.

Poor Nic has started on his other internship and has to complete 150 hours before school starts at the end of August. Not to mention the huge "honey do" list I have for him. He works from sun up till sun down, I admire him so much.

I feel sad that the summer is pretty much over. I feel like I missed the whole thing because I was gone. I can't complain though, it was such a neat opportunity we had for the summer. Hope to see all of you soon and catch up on everything I have been missing! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad to have you home!! I have loved reading your adventures in D.C.!