Monday, July 26, 2010

Coming to a close

It's hard to believe that July is almost over and we will be moving home soon. I am so grateful for the opportunity that Nic and I have had this summer. What a roller coaster of emotions I have felt since we found out that Nic was given this internship! Needless to say, I am so glad that we did it.

I wanted to write down some of my thoughts about the summer and some things that I feel like I have learned through being here...
  • I LOVE Washington DC and was so glad that this is where we had a chance to live for awhile.
  • I feel a much stronger, deeper love and pride in my country after seeing so many historic sites.
  • I miss my family most at holidays.
  • I am a lot stronger than I thought I was.
  • I feel like a more independent and confident person.
  • I really love diversity.
  • I never want to go without a car again :)
  • I hope I get a chance to live outside of Utah again
  • I love Pennsylvania even more then I did before.
  • I really love my husband and I am so proud of all of the hard work he does, he makes me so proud.
  • I have a really great family who I missed A LOT!
Now that it's time to leave I feel sad. I have enjoyed walking around downtown and seeing that iconic Washington Monument from everywhere in the city. We have seen SO many amazing things, I feel so lucky. I will really miss taking walks to the White House, visiting the Smithsonian's several times a week, and walking along the National Mall seeing all of the monuments in a row. We will look back on this summer with such fond memories.

August is almost here....See you soon Utah!

2 comments:

Tales of the Odell's said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences and pictures! Loved them!!!

SuPeRsTaRcTr said...

Hey Ash! What a cute blog you have. I have been meaning to comment on it for awhile now, after you posting updates and stuff on FaceBook.
When you get back to Utah we should totally do lunch!
~Shannon