Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School

I love back to school time. Most people are so sad when the summer is over, but I love the fresh start that the new school year brings. I love structure, organization and schedules. Not to mention the wonderful weather that Fall brings!

Nic starts his FINAL year of law school tomorrow. I am so excited that we are nearing the end of this long journey. There are so many things that I am looking forward to! Nic and I have been married for over 5 years and we have yet to buy a car, a house, heck we have never even bought furniture or any major purchase. I know that sounds crazy but we have been trying to avoid any debt until we are completely done with school and have a secure job. Now that the end is in site... I am dreaming of buying couches, having my own car, decorating and so many stupid little things that I have been so eager to do as a homemaker & wife. I realize we may still be a few years away from some of these purchases, but I am still so excited just thinking about it. Isn't it fun dreaming about the future?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you! I can't believe he is almost through. Time flies by SO fast (when it's not you in the situation).

Aubrey said...

Travis is in his last year of school too, and I feel EXACTLY the same way! I can't wait to be able to decorate my house! And to have him home without homework in his face! :) Good days are coming this May!

Jen said...

It IS fun dreaming about the future. Even if some of it never comes to pass, I think the ability to dream is a gift.