Friday, August 27, 2010

Volunteer/Service Opportunities?

With the new school year started, Nic and I have set a lot of goals for our family. I am very excited about the changes we are making to try to better our home, parenting, spirituality and relationship.

Now that Sam is getting a little bit older and taking good afternoon naps, I want to make good use of my "free" time. I am looking for a volunteer or service opportunity where I can either:
A) Bring Sam along with me in the mornings
B) Work from home on a project while she is taking a nap

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I know that's kind of a unique dynamic, I am not sure what kind of service I can do with Sam. I am hoping to find something that will be a good fit! Let me know if you have any ideas!

5 comments:

Jen said...

http://www.informationandreferral.org/

Jen said...

http://volunteer.truist.com/utah/volunteer/

Anonymous said...

A great thing I like to do that makes me feel like I'm helping the work along and can do at home is indexing for family history. I'm not sure the website but if you google family search indexing I'm sure you can find it. Its really fascinating too to see the records from years ago.

Tales of the Odell's said...

I was watching the news yesterday and there was a young girl who gets little boxes and fills them with a whole bunch of fun little things to do and play with. Then she takes them to the children's hospital for both the kids being treated there and their siblings that are visiting them. The only thing with this one is that it costs money to do...but, it would give you something to do while Sam in napping, and then give you both a fun outing! I would love to do this with my boys to teach them service while having fun! I just need to figure out where the closest children's hopital is out here, and get a hold of an oriental trading magazine...that'll help with the cost. Oh, and you can use little prize baggies instead of boxes...I'm thinking while I'm typing, but there you go! Thanks for the inspiration!

Janae said...

I've been looking for something similiar to do. I have been thinking I need to ask Sister Dillingham if there are any opportunities with the city. Let me know if you find something good also I'm will to help with Sam if you need it.