Friday, June 4, 2010

Trip To PA

I had a neat opportunity to go to Pennsylvania this week. I was born in Pennsylvania and the majority of our family still lives there. Since we are living in DC for the summer, I wanted to take advantage of being so close to them. My Uncle Tim is always a great host and was kind enough to let Sam and I invade his house for a few days.

There is something that warms my heart about going back to the place I was born. Most of my memories are actually of our summers spent there after we moved to Utah, but it is still so neat for me to go "home". Even though Sam had no clue where we were, I still thought it was neat to be able to take her there.

Getting there was kind of an adventure for me. I had never rented a car before, never driven in DC or PA, never taken Sam somewhere without Nic. It actually went really well and I feel like it was a great opportunity for me. I felt like I grown up, LOL!

Here is why I LOVE PA:

Green Green, Green!
Amish Farms
My Grammy & Pappy's old house

The creek in front of their house
Wild rabbits in everyones yards, I would kill to have those in Utah!
 OK, the rest of the pics involve food! I love none-chain restaurants, and Central PA is full of them.

Texas Hot Dogs is a favorite of the family. My goodness they are so good!
Meadows is SO good. Where else can you get PEANUT BUTTER frozen custard or peanut butter sauce on a sundae? Only PA!

Did I mention everywhere has one of these? That's right, Mt Dew everywhere! I LOVE it!

3 comments:

jess said...

Made me cry. Wish I was there.

Jen said...

Love the 904 Park Blvd. Great photos to document the trip!

{Marie Long} said...

You look like you are loving it! That is great, and by the way I have to go find me a milkshake now :)