Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lincoln Monument

This last weekend was really nice and relaxing for us. We didn't plan too many things to do, and that was a nice change of pace. We try to take advantage of everything there is to do here and so we usually go crazy fitting in a million things over the weekends when Nic is home.

This past weekend we went to the Lincoln Monument. It was awesome to see such an iconic DC landmark. The Vietnam Memorial is located just next to the monument and so we saw that in the same trip. It was a beautiful memorial. Sunday we took a walk by the White House and fed the squirrels peanuts. They LOVE those things (thanks Ada). I got one to eat right out of my hand, it was awesome.

We are looking forward to this coming weekend because not only do I get to see my family from PA again, but MY SISTER WILL BE HERE! I can't wait to see her. I have never gone this long without seeing my family so I can't wait for her arrival.

2 comments:

Allie and Fam said...

It sounds like you are having so much fun and getting to experience SO much! I love seeing your blogs!

Jen said...

Fantastic shots. I feel like I'm watching a movie!