Monday, May 24, 2010

What a weekend!

I have so much to blog about! We have been on a dead run since we moved to DC and this weekend was no exception!

Saturday Morning=White House
Yes, we got to tour the White House. It was kind of an emotional experience for me. Standing in a building that symbolizes so much. Standing where so many men and women of history have stood. Not to mention it was so beautiful. I would highly recommend going there if you ever get the chance. It was so awesome.

Uncle Tim & Carol= SO MUCH HELP!
My Uncle Tim had saved my cousins crib, high chair, and a bunch of toys from when she was little. When they found out that we were moving to DC they offered to let us borrow their baby things for the summer. So Tim & Carol drove down from PA just to deliver everything to us. We are so grateful to have those things for Sam, they are already making our life so much easier. We spent the rest of the weekend with them, seeing Annapolis, Chesapeake Bay, LDS Washington DC Temple, eating at great restaurants. It was so nice to see some familiar faces and have the opportunity to spend time with them.

Here are a bunch of pictures for you....

Sam with her new toys from Uncle Tim & Carol
Chesapeake Bay & Boat Tour
Sam having her 1st Dunkin Donut...now she's a Brown!
Our new church for the summer
Washington DC Temple

4 comments:

Jen said...

Bawling at the temple pictures! I want to be there so bad.

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness. How neat to see Uncle Tim with Sam! I wish I were there.

jess said...

Those pictures are gorgeous!

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

Wow!!! What an exciting Summer!!! I just looked at all of your recent posts and I am so happy that you all get to have this experience!! Thanks for sharing everything and posting all of the photos. It is so fun to read and see!!!
Tricia