Friday, May 28, 2010

Another fun day in DC

Yesterday was a really hot day here. We walked all over the place so I stopped to let Sam play in the water.
We went to the National Aquarium. I was a little disappointed with it (because it was really small), but Sam had fun watching the Alligators.
 
Here is Sam in front of the Washington Monument
Oh the Smithsonian...what an incredible place. Here are some of my favorites...
The Greensboro Lunch Counter
I will admit, I was a little bit choked up when I saw this! I love Michael Jackson.
The Star Spangled Banner was the neatest thing at the museum in my opinion. You can't take pictures in there so this is just the outside. I can't believe that they have the actual flag that Francis Scott Key wrote the National Anthem about. What a neat experience to be able to see that and learn all of the history surrounding it.
The First Lady section was also one of my favorites.
The Ruby Slippers are the only thing I remember from the museum when we came as kids. So neat!

I have to say that I am liking being here more each day. I love all of the fun exploring that Sam and I get to do. The only real downfall is our apartment. It's just gross and I struggle being here. I try to leave for the whole day so I don't have to be here. I will continue you to keep you posted on our adventures!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Yet another day that I sit at home and think about you guys and wish I was with you.

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

We wish you were here too! Come on out, you are welcome anytime!