Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I have had an emotional week as I contemplated the upcoming celebration of Mother's Day. I felt excited that I would be celebrating my first Mother's Day. I thought a lot about how blessed I feel to have Samantha in my life. People have always told me that you can never know how much your parents love you until you have your own child. I am just starting to realize how true that really is. It makes you feel such gratitude for your Mom & Dad for doing so many things for you that you were never aware of.

I look at Samantha was such awe. She overwelms me. Nothing can compare to the way that I feel when I look at her. What a miracle it is to have children. I feel so honored that I have the opportunity to care for one of God's children. She brings so much joy and happiness into my life everyday. I love watching her learn and grow. It has been such a fun and challenging adventure for Nic and I since she has been born. When I look at Nic while he is playing with Sam I am always reminded of that line from Hope Floats....
 "My cup runneth over".
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Amen and amen! Isn't parenthood awesome and scary and wonderful!?
p.s.
She gets more and more darling with every post you make! :)

Kevin and Jamie said...

What a beautiful post!!!!!! Happy 5 years this week! I hope you guys are good, we miss you and I thnk I saw that your heading to DC really quick. I wish that we could have seen you!!!!!!! Keep in touch!