Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home Improvements

Nic and I have viewed this as our last free summer. We wanted to make some small improvements to things in our apartment while Nic was free before law school. Here are some pictures of our updates.

The living room needed some year round decorations for the fireplace...(the wreath and sign came from that boutique that I mention in my Brigham City post)









This is our office/closet/storage/laundry room. Since we moved in it has just been piled up with stuff and had no organization. Although it isn't pretty, at least its organized.



Nic painted this dresser to match the nightstand that he made a couple of years ago. On top, you can see my new jewelry organization. I was tired of necklaces getting tangled and not being able to find everything...so I started searching for jewelry stands like they use in stores & boutiques. I found these for great prices and I think its a cute way to display your things.


I love updating things in your house! It really refreshes things! Nic started law school yesterday. He has a week of orientation and then classes start next Monday. We are both pretty nervous about how things are going to go the next 3 years. I know he is going to do great! Wish us luck. I will keep you posted every step of the way!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I love the jewlery, and the night stand, I love black and red! Nic will be awesome in law school!!

Jamie

Jen said...

Nice accents! Best of luck in your new challenges. I know it will be tough but you will look back on these times fondly.