Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt!

Most people reading this know my little brother Matt. He is 18 years old today!! I know, its hard to believe isn't it! I am actually having a hard time with it. How can this be, where has time gone? I am mostly struggling because in a matter of a few months he will be off to Iowa State. My whole family is really going to struggle with him gone (especially my parents). He is just the sunshine of the family. He is such a good example to all of us in so many areas. I know we all like to view him as the baby, that is why it is so hard to believe that he is now an adult. It is sad that this is an ending of an era (LOL, Friends line). No more high school football games, wrestling matches, or assemblies. I am sure my parents can hardly believe that all 6 of their children will now have graduated from good old CHS. My parents are probably the most loyal people to that school. Maybe I should say that my parents have spent the most money at that school :)! I just feel sad that this era of our lives is coming to a close. I think that I still think of myself as being a couple years out of high school, when in reality my sophomore year was almost 10 years ago! Yes, most of you are my same age and can't believe that's really true! This time 10 years ago we were having our 9th grade promotion! It seems like yesterday. Anyway, I don't know why that makes me sad. I had such a wonderful life growing up, but it has only gotten better the older that I have got. I wouldn't go back because my life now is even better than I dreamed it would be. What are your thoughts?

Happy Birthday Matt. We love you very much!

3 comments:

Kevin and Jamie said...

Ash, I feel the exact same way!! My little brother Steven is going to be 17 this summer!!!! I cant believe. I am always telling kevin that I miss certain times of my life, but I would never go back because life is so good right now. I just try to remember that there are still so many exciting parts of life ahead of us! H

Unknown said...

Ash, I can't believe Matt is 18... I swear he was just getting baptized! :) Lol! I can't believe how fast the time goes, and all that happens in the time. I luckily still have a sister in school, although she'll be learning how to drive this year which makes me feel ancient.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley,

How are you doing? I found your blog through Aubrey Jeppson's Blog. Anyways, hope all is well.
I have a blog as well if your ever interested in keeping tabs....

http://bngines.blogspot.com/

I love reading people's blog, so I'm excited to found yours.

Natasha Pulou