Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gone With The Wind

Have any of you seen this movie? Can someone please explain to me why #1 this is on any list of top movies of all time and #2 why this is often referred to as a romance? The cover of the movie shows Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh gazing into each others eyes and looking so filled with love and passion! I guess that just shows that you really can't judge a book (or a movie) by its cover. I was SO disappointed with this movie! Not only was it not a love story, but it's a stupid movie. Scarlet O'Hare is a brat the entire time and you keep thinking she is going to change the whole movie and she never does! Everyone she knows in the movie dies (I am still puzzled as to why her father and daughter die from falling off a pony and a horse, does that usually kill people instantly?)! Scarlett and Rhett never even love each other and they are not even likable characters--so you never want them to end up together. And don't get me started with the ridiculous ending...! Why would Tara bring back Rhett to her? I was disappointed to say the least. I am just appalled that this movie is considered one of the greatest movies of all time. I don't get it.

Am I the only person who feels this way? Please post your comments on your opinion of this movie (Good or Bad)!

2 comments:

Kevin and Jamie said...

Its my moms favorite movie, I thought pretty much the same as you, but I never actually finished the whole thing. Maybe we are just from the wrong generation?

Anonymous said...

I think Gone with the Wind is one of the movies I love because its bad. Its a classic for some odd reason but I like it, which is odd, too!