Thursday, March 13, 2008

What the heck are we doing in Iowa?

Well, we woke up at 3:45am this morning and left the house at 5am. We were checked in at the airport a little after 5:30am. We sat with Nic's family for about an hour and then it was time for everyone to say goodbye to Daniel. I thought it was neat that we got to go with him the rest of the way. We were happy to meet up with 3 other elders that were leaving for Ghana as well. Here are some pictures of them:

Our flight to Chicago was rough--very turbulent and hot. When we got to Chicago we didn't run in to the nicest people--Nic and I felt like we were definitely "NOT in Kansas anymore"! We immediately started our drive to Iowa. (In case you are wondering why we flew to Chicago instead of Iowa--MUST BE THE MONEY!). It was a 3 1/2 hour drive, not bad actually, but we were really tired of sitting. The drive is not a bad one, in fact I loved it because we saw SO many hawks on our drive (I mean 2 or 3 every couple of miles). We were just feeling a bit stir crazy! Tomorrow we should get a better feel for the campus and city--I will post again tomorrow! Here are some pictures from our drive here.

Nic got a kick out of this lady--yes that's her hair out the window!









Here is the Mississippi River








If this isn't reason enough to come to Iowa..I don't know what is!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

I think that the Missippi might be cooler then the truckstop but what ever floats your boat. NOT AS COOL AS HOME!

Wendy said...

Call me or something if you're ever free. I'd love to talk to more than your blog about your trip, though it was very nice to see you had updated with your experience thus far. Love you guys!!! (PS Did you take my Disney cd with you for the road trip... I thought I saw Nic hide it in his suitcase :)