Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More Easter Pics

My Sister did an Easter Egg hunt for our niece and nephews at my parents house. It was so cute to watch their excitement!










Here is Matt and his 2 dogs:

Daddy & the only granddaughter:









We moved the chicks into their bigger box today. Sadly our beautiful White Leghorn died yesterday morning. It was kind of a freak accident and was really sad. The other 3 were a little upset, but they will get along ok without her.
I had a friend ask why I have chicks, LOL! I have them for fun, but I also eat their eggs. A chick costs $3 and will lay an egg every other day--so you do the math! Plus, fresh eggs are SO much better! My father-in-law already has chickens and has room for some more, so they will be taken to live over there in about a month. Anyone is welcome to come and see them!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh sad. Freak accident? what happened?

jess said...

I'm sorry to hear about your chick! That's so sad!