Monday, February 4, 2008

Change

Wow, how fast things change! The new first presidency of the church was announced today. I feel sadness for the world's loss of Presidency Hinckley, yet happy for him because he gets to return to his sweet wife in heaven. I am so grateful for the truth that our religion teaches that families can be together forever. I know that brings me such great comfort in my own life.

I felt the spirit witness that President Monson is in fact a called prophet of God. I like his quiet way of speaking. He seems so kind and loving. I was surprised to hear that President Dieter F. Uchtdorf was called as the second counselor because he only served in the Quorum of the 12 Apostles for 3 1/2 years. I really enjoy hearing him speak and I am excited about his new call. President Eyring is my favorite, and I think most of you know that I was able to have dinner with him (well a table or 2 away) and was able to shake his hand back in December. I will never forget that neat experience. I have a love for the new presidency and they will have my prayers as they move forward in leading our church and the world.

1 comment:

natalie horrocks said...

Ashley!! I'm so glad to see that you have a blog!! How are you? Well, from the looks of your blog, you seem to be doing quite well. You'll have to check out my blog too!

Natalie Horrocks