Sunday, April 15, 2012

Strawberry Cravings

The only consistent craving I have had this pregnancy has been for fruit, specifically strawberries. I can't get enough of them. They do have to be the strawberries from Costco though, nowhere else compares.

Last week I wanted to make a dessert using some strawberries. I threw this trifle together and now I can't stop making it. If you want to make it, you won't be disappointed.

First layer: I used pound cake this time, but I just used white cake last time
Second layer: Strawberries
Third layer: Chocolate chips (they add a really good texture)
Fourth layer: Cool whip & chocolate syrup
So fabulous, so easy!

I think it would be good to add a few more layers with different fruit: blueberries, bananas, and raspberries sound good.

2 comments:

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

YUM! I would eat a whole 8x8 of that by myself!!

{Marie Long} said...

Fruit has been a big thing for me to! I almost cried when I saw that Walmart has watermelons now :)