Friday, April 6, 2012

Baby Updates

I went in for my 35 week doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I told my doctor how uncomfortable I was feeling and how much pain I have been in. When she measured me she said that I was measuring big so she wanted me to have an ultrasound to check the size of the baby and my fluid levels.

The ultrasound showed that I am measuring 39-40 weeks and that Brooklyn is already 7lbs 14 oz. She said that estimation can be off by 30% (bigger or smaller). I also had a lot of fluid. So both are contributing to how big and uncomfortable I am feeling.

We did an NST (non stress test) and the baby is doing great. I will now see my doctor twice a week and we will do an NST every time. We will also have another ultrasound next week to check the fluid levels again.

We went in for the 2nd NST this morning and she was still doing great. I had some contractions while I was hooked up to the montitors. So progress is looking good! It looks like I won't have to wait until May to deliver this baby :)

No comments: