Saturday, February 4, 2012

We are having a baby?

For some reason today I had a total breakdown over the realization that we are having a second child. I know what you are thinking...she is almost 7 months pregnant and she is just realizing this? But its true. We went to pick out Brooklyn's come home outfit and I cried in the store. Then when we got home, I frantically started packing the diaper bag and my bag for the hospital. I don't know why I feel so panicked. I feel so overwhelmed with the thoughts of labor again, having to give birth away from family and friends, and mostly having 2 children. I get stressed out with just Sam, how am I possibly going to be alone with 2 of them?

Is this normal? I feel like I am losing my mind.

At least her outfit is cute, right? I couldn't resist animal print pants!

4 comments:

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

Hey Ash - I am more than happy to be your middle-of-the-night (or day) phone call for Sam to come here if you need to. Jack would love to have a friend over. Good luck - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

jess said...

Yes I think it's normal. One thing to remember that as scared as you are to have two kids, there is no turning back now. I'm not saying that to be mean, just that the only way to look is forward. It will be the same way it was with your first kid. It is overwhelming and challenging but you work your way into a schedule and only want to pull your hair out some days. (just like life now :-)

Wendy said...

I can't tell you what's normal or abnormal or what it will be like to have two children. What I can tell you is that you are as capable as any other mother I know, and you succeed at what you do. So although I'm sure it's terrifying in a way I can't begin to comprehend, you will excel mothering 2 the same way you have with 1. Love you lots

Jen said...

It's normal to have some thoughts of inadequacy. But remember that you aren't a mother by chance, and that these spririts are a gift and a blessing. You are strong and capable.

When you simplify life down to the basics (as newborns force us to do) then it is manageable. I know I sounds old to say this, but the time goes SO QUICKLY.