Monday, January 10, 2011

2011 Goals

Life as a stay at home mom for me is very different then anything I have done before. I have a hard time making goals when everyday seems the same. I have overall goals, or rather important priorities, that I want to make better. Instead of making a huge list of resolutions for the new year, I want to simply make a daily task list of ways to improve my life in the following areas:
  • I want to be a good wife
  • I want to be a good mother
  • I want to be a good member of the church
  • I want to be a good housekeeper/homemaker
  • I want to be happier with who I am
Everyday I am going to do at least one task in each of these areas. I hope that in return I will feel that I am improving the most important areas of focus in my life.

Sorry, this post is just for my own benefit!
Monday, January 10th Task List
Good Wife: Meal Plan, Pay Bills
Good Mother: Read Sam a book, work on 3 letters
Member of the church: Read Scriptures, Plan Family Home Evening Lesson
Housekeeper/Homemaker: 2 loads of laundry, Sort through 1 toy bin
Happier: 30 minutes of exercise, watch a movie while Sam naps

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a great way to simplify resolutions. Love it!

Sheryl said...

You are so organized!!! Although we haven't seen eachother in forever, we are still connected! I have those very same goals for the year! I like your idea to set daily goals of self-improvement in each area...I might try it!

jess said...

Way good ideas! Maybe my mothering goal today should be to get off the couch! lol jk :-) Thanks for the good ideas though!