Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Babies, Babies, Babies!

Sorry my last few posts have been all about babies...but get ready for another. My oldest sister had her 5th child last Wednesday. She is such a beautiful baby. Jen had to have a c-section, so she is working on recovering but is doing well.
My youngest sister had her baby shower last week. She got so many wonderful gifts and it was so fun seeing all of the adorable girl clothes she got.
Last update, we are down to 2 weeks until our next ultrasound. I am ready to burst while we wait to find out!! My guess is still a girl, but we will see. THINK PINK!!

I am digging into a bunch of material on Labor & Delivery. Since many of you reading this blog have been through this, I am looking for your advice. Do you recommend any books that helped you make your decision on what kind of birth to have? What do you recommend including in your birth plans? What was your experience in birthing your baby (or babies).

6 comments:

The Doutts said...

Long before I even thought about having children I knew I wanted to use a midwife. And it is in her office that I found out about "hynobirthing". Nathan and I took the classes and loved it. The method really worked for me, and later I found out that 2 other mothers on my street used the same method. I had a GREAT birthing experience! If you would like to know more just let me know. Good luck with your "digging".

The Doutts said...

Sorry I spelled that wrong. Duh me. It's "Hypnobirthing".

Aubrey said...

I tried going unmedicated with hypnobirthing-and it worked for about 20 hours (my labor was 25) and I couldn't take it anymore. I just bawled when I finally gave in and got an epidural because I really wanted to do it without drugs.
My advice to you is, have a birth plan, and let your doctor know about it-but don't be so darn set on everything going as perfectly as you planned it! Babies come in all sorts of ways and times. Be flexible and give yourself a break!

Allie and Fam said...

I didn't have a chance (or a choice) in mine!! So I won't be much help on this one! :> Good luck though.

The Bailey Bunch said...

I can't believe Jessica is old enough to have a baby! What beautiful moms you all will make. And your older sister's baby is gorgeous too. I still think you are having a girl. I'll send pink thoughts your way. Make sure to take a birthing class and talk to the nurse about different options since they have pretty much seen it all!

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

Hi Ashley!!
I am so excited to find out what you two are having!! I don't have any advice on books about helping you decide what kind of birth to have. I knew right away I wanted to feel no pain, and I loved it!!! I was completely alert during my C-section and got to see the wonderfulness of my sweet newborn with no pain involved!!! Good luck deciding.

Tricia