Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's a...

GIRL! We are so excited! We have always talked about Samantha being our first child, so it just seems so fitting and perfect. I have thought all along that it was a girl, and so I don't feel surprised--but I do feel happy and excited! Everyone has been asking how Nic is taking the news, don't worry, he is happy too! He will hopefully get his boy the next time around.

Ok, now for your help on registering! For all you experienced mommies, I would love to hear your recommendations of things to register for or things that you recommend buying in advance. I have started my registry at Amazon because I really like their selection & prices better. Feel free to check it out and give me your feedback: www.amazon.com/gp/registry/baby/3ISN9Z2IK52A8

PS-If you are one of the many people who have taken your blog private, please add me!
ashleylmills at yahoo.com!

9 comments:

natalie horrocks said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!!

The Bailey Bunch said...

That's so awesome! Girls are the BEST!

Lindsay said...

Oh how fun!!! You are going to have the custest girly-girl!!

Allie and Fam said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! A girl will be so much fun! Congrats :>

Natalie said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited for you. Little girls are so much fun!!!

Aubrey said...

Congrats! I LOVE having a girl! So much fun! I'll have to think more about the registry thing and let you know what I can't live w/out.
p.s.
I added you to my blog list

Marcus, Randi, and Isaac said...

My best advice for must haves in your registry would be a diaper pail, a bumbo, and a boppy. These three things I couldn't have lived without in the first six months. Marcus and I also started trying each month of the pregnancy to save enough to buy a big item like the crib, changing table, highchair,etc. By the time the baby was here we had almost everything we needed. Try not to buy the tiny outfits before your showers. I promise you'll get enough of those. Congrats!

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

Woohoo!!!! You are going to LOVE her!!!! It is so much fun having a girl (I'm sure boys are just as much fun too)!! Samantha is one of my favorite girl names too!!! I am so happy for you and Nic!!

I registered at Babies R Us, but did a lot of price complaring with stuff I registered for there and Target and Walmart. The prices are actually pretty close at each store. My suggestion is to go to Babies R Us so you can see everything visually and in person and just walk around the store and register for everything that looks like something you will need (they give you a checklist at there too, it is very helpful). After all of your showers, you can go off of that list of what is left and prioritize the things you really need first. Things like a high chair are necessary, but not urgent, she won't be sitting in that for a few months. Anyway, have fun!!! Oh, Happy be-lated birthday!!!

Tricia

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

Oh, one more thing that you might not find on the list is a "wipes warmer." Not a necessity, but I absolutely LOVE it. It is nice for those middle of the night changes especially, that way you do not have to wipe your baby with a cold wipe!!

Tricia