Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

WE DID IT! Nic and I ran the Centerville 5k Freedom Run this morning. It has been a goal of ours and we decided to go for it this year! My goal was to finish in under an hour and not come in last--and I accomplished it! Nic was so kind to stay with me-he could have won if it weren't for me! After the race, we had so much fun for the rest of the day. We went to the traditional Magna Parade, to Nic's Grandma's Birthday party, and then to watch the fireworks at Lagoon. I love the 4th of July and found myself feeling so grateful for everything that we are blessed with!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo! Congratulations on the 5k, that is so awesome!

Kevin and Jamie said...

way to go ash!!!! I LOVE doing those races, they really are so much fun, I just love the whole atmosphere of it. Congratulations!
Jamie

Lindsay said...

Good job!!! I just started 5K's also. They are fun. I had the exact same goal as you! That is awesome and it looks like you had a great 4th!

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

Congratulations on the race!!! I would like to do that sometime too!! Hey, I was at the Magna parade too. Spinnakers looked good!!! Not sharp enough though (you know me), but Jodi and Celeste have done well with them!!
Tricia

Marcus, Randi, and Isaac said...

Wow you were at the Magna Parade, so were we. I would have loved to have seen you. I did see all the Maples family. We were in front of Brockbank Jr. I thought the Spinnies looked good. Miss ya, Love ya!