Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Preschool

 
Samantha starts school tomorrow. I am so excited. I am so sad.
 
I have been looking forward to Sam starting preschool, and school in general, for a lot of reasons. She is so social. She thrives with other kids. It will be so good for her to learn to not always be the boss, but also let that wonderful quality shine as she can be a great leader. I'm so excited for holidays & class parties, preparing treats, back to school shopping, learning new things! Most of all...I know she will love every minute of it.
 
Since we officially signed her up..I am now sad. I am not ready to give her up. Starting from now, the older she gets, the less time I get to spend with her. Until now, everything she knows we taught her. Now she will be learning new things that I have no part of. I feel sad that I will have to spend 5 hours a week away from her. I hate that thought. Until now, my life as a mother has had no schedule or rules. I do whatever I want...whenever I want.
 
I used to think that Moms cried when they dropped their kids off on the first day because they couldn't believe how old they were, but now I know the truth. It's because they will miss them so badly.

1 comment:

Jen said...

While I didn't cry with preschool, I always did at Kindergarten time. Such a milestone! I don't care if I've done it lots - for each kid it's a brand new experience.

Some of it is because I miss them, but a lot of the tears are just a realization that they are growing up and they get their turn in the world now. It's such an exciting time!