Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brown Family Peanut Butter/Chocolate Fudge

If you are from Pennsylvania, you love the combo of peanut butter & chocolate (yes, that's a fact). One of my favorite Christmas traditions from growing up was making fudge as a family to give out to our neighbors. I can still picture my dad beating the mixture and all of us waiting to add our ingredients.

I finally got my own Jif Cookbook a few years ago (they are very hard to find). I wanted to keep the tradition of making this fudge with my family and I was determined to make the perfect fudge. Since my mother-in-law is an excellent cook she helped me do a lot of testing last year. Our main objective was to get rid of the grainy consistency. She taught me a lot about making fudge and I think I finally got it.

Sam and I had fun starting our holiday baking today.







A couple fudge tips from Char (MIL) & Jenny (Sister)...
  • Do not scrape the sides of the pan! Biggest learning thing for me.
  • Let it cool for just a minute before adding pb, chips, & vanilla at the end
  • If it's not completely set up, put it in the fridge

2 comments:

Anna Heywood said...

I always think of you when I see great peanut butter & chocolate combos: "ooh Ash would love this!" This looks like such a cozy and fun holiday tradition to start. I am blown away with how big Sam looks in this picutre! I hope I get to see her over your Christmas break!

Tammy said...

I heard it was awesome! Maybe next year I'll get to try some! ;)