Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November is here!

This is my favorite time of year! November 1st -December 25th! A lot of people give me a hard time for starting the Christmas music on the first of November, but I can't get enough of the Holiday Season. I group Thanksgiving & Christmas into the "Holiday Season" and I love both months so much. I don't mean to sound corny, but there is no other time of year where everyone openly recognizes, worships, and honors the Savior..so why not make this part of the year last as long as possible?

If a live Christmas tree would last for 2 months I would put mine up today!

I have never been away from home this time of year. I hope we can find ways to make it feel like the holidays here. Some of my favorite things about this time of year (that I am missing already) are...
  • Downtown SLC: decorations, lights, temple square, horse drawn carriages
  • Bountiful Christmas/Light Parade
  • Festival of Tress (this will be the first time that Nic and I miss this)
  • The Nutcracker with my mother-in-law & sister-in-law 
  • Baking with family
  • Malls & Stores all decorated
  • Scones at Winder Dairy (which we hope to fit in while we are home for Christmas!)
  • Black Friday Shopping with Sisters
  • Christmas/Window Shopping at all of the Malls
  • Driving around looking at Christmas lights
  • Getting our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving
  • Snow on the Mountains
Are you a November 1st celebrator or hater?

4 comments:

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

Awe - Winder Dairy! That brings back lots of great mission memories! They were always so good to us missionaries.

I hope you find things you love here in Carson as you create new traditions for your family.

Sheryl said...

Celebrator!!!

Lesley said...

Last year I was all geared up to hear Christmas music on the radio on Nov. 1st. As soon as it finally did come on I started playing it at the deli, much to the chagrin of my co-workers and customers. I don't really want to put my tree up or decorations out yet, but I can't wait to hear the music day in and day out and feel those feelings that only the holiday season brings.

jess said...

Hater is a strong word, but I like to enjoy fall as long as possible so Christmas doesn't start til after Thanksgiving for me. Although I already have most shopping done for Christmas haha.