Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Book Club

All of my sisters love to read. Growing up I don't remember reading a single book for pleasure. As I have gotten older and started a real thirst for knowledge on several different subjects, I have found that reading can be quite enjoyable. I decided that forming a book club would be a great way to help me read a variety of books that I wouldn't normally choose to read. I wanted the book club to consist of women that I am very close to and would appreciate hearing their opinions. It has turned out to be a wonderful little club with people I care very much about. If you live close to me and want to be a part of it let me know :)

Here is a list of the books that we have read so far (with my quick opinion):
  • Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl (Loved it)
  • The Autobiography of Martin Luther King Jr (Loved It)
  • 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult (Liked It, but lots of language)
  • Woman In White by Wilkie Collins (Didn't finish it, but everyone else liked it)
  • Emma by Jane Austen (It was ok)
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (Didn't like it)
  • The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe (Liked it)
  • 1776 by David Mccullough (Hard to get into)
  • Christmas Miracles by a collection of authors (Hated most of it, a couple good stories)
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (Loved It)
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer (Loved It)
  • Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (Loved It)

 I know I am forgetting some, sorry! If you want more recommendations on any of them let me know.

This Month: Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman.


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Comfort Food and Mere Christianity, punk