Monday, January 25, 2010

My baby is crawling....

and my world has completely changed in the last 2 weeks. Last week she was only crawling a little bit, now she has really taken off. I feel like I have been thrown into a whole new realm of motherhood. She is all over the place! I can't believe how fast she gets into things and falls over. She loves pulling herself up on furniture and cruising around.

Which leads me to asking you experienced mothers for some advice. First of all, how do you make this transition? What do you do with everything in your house. I have started the baby proofing, but there are so many things she can get hurt on. Secondly, because she is 7 months, she is super clingy to me. As soon as I leave the room she screams. She isn't a long napper, so I am not left with much time. How do you clean your house? Make dinner? I can't even read the scriptures with her awake because she rips the pages out! I would love to hear your advice and helpful tips.

3 comments:

Darcysmad said...

It can be frustrating for any mother, especially when each child has their own personality. What works for one may not work for another. Some children are more clingy than others. It can get kind of stressful. I think the trick is doing the best you can and trying not to sweat the small stuff. If you have to have PB&J's for dinner so be it, especially in the first year. If the counter doesn't get wiped up, oh well! Things will get easier, I promise! Good luck! :)

Bruce, Meagan, and McLean said...

Ashley you are seriously my inspiration. Life is so busy, especially when you have a kid! McLean only cat naps in the day, and so if he gives me 10 minutes, I try to use the ten minutes to my best ability. If I can prep for dinner in ten minutes and atleast get the chicken defrosted, then the next ten minutes maybe I can cut it up...or wipe out the tub, or wash four dishes....that way little by little something is getting done!! Plus I am getting to be a pro at speed laundry folding. :) I love and miss you. wish we were closer then I could see your beautiful sam. And we could be mom neighbors and flatmate friends!!
mwah! xxoo

jenniferhoiyin said...

jane isn't crawling, but i am beginning to see she is clingy-er than usual. i'm grateful for the advice, i will need it soon!!
btw, sam is so beautiful ashley!