Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pregnancy Questions


I wanted to do a quick post and get your opinions and advice. Did anyone start feeling a lot worse in their 8th month of pregnancy? All of a sudden I feel like everything is changing. My feet and hands are swollen, I have a lot of stomach pains, and I am in pain when I walk. Changing positions, even from sitting to standing, has become very painful. I have been working hard to not gain any weight during my pregnancy, but I can't exercise (or even really move) when I feel like this. What have you found that helps during this time? Any tips from people who worked through their whole pregnancy and how you coped? Any sleeping tips? I don't mean to complain, its just that the last few months I have been feeling really good. Now, I feel like in 1 week everything has quickly changed. I still have 7 weeks left, do you feel like this the rest of the time?

Thanks! I just wanted to throw that out there to all you knowledgeable moms! I would love your help and advice.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I worked as an X Ray tech up until the day I went into labor. It was a hard job and I was on my feet ALL DAY! I would come home and take off my shoes and socks and there would be elastic marks all around my "kankles!"
Yes, it's normal to feel kinda miserable at the end. I think it's mother nature's way of making you just desperate enough to want to do anything to get relief-even labor. :) Hang in there, it'll all be over before you know it! And every time you get that, "Ugh, just shoot me!" feeling, just think of how wonderful it'll be to hold your baby in your arms for the first time. That makes all of the pains, swellings, and discomforts worth it. These last few weeks are SO important in your baby's development; just remember your baby will come when she's ready, then be patient and let her.
Good luck, and hang in there! You're on the homestretch now!

Tyson and Christy said...

I worked up until I had Hayley and almost until I had Jaxon. I was a swollen mess, they tested me for toxcemia three times. Just try to take it easy these last couple weeks and yes it will be uncomfortable because the baby is dropping and your body is preparing for delivery. Try to rest anytime you get the chance because you won't be sleeping as much when she gets here. You will probably be feeling braxton hicks as well which are practice contractions and they will be kind of uncomfortable. I recommend taking a birthing class, it helped me so much and answered a lot of our questions. Hang in there you are almost done it will be worth it in the end!

Lindsay said...

The only thing that heled me with sleeping is a pillow between my legs. One of those really big long ones that goes the whole length of my legs. That is what saved me in the sleep department. I worked with Kate but it was four years ago and I don't really remember what kind of pain I had and what got rid of it. I konw I had some but I don't have help for you there. Good luck you are so close.