Monday, March 30, 2009

Secret Life of Bees

For our March book club book we read "Secret Life of Bees". I really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it. We watched the movie this weekend, and in my opinion it doesn't even compare to the book. I really liked this book because it was an easy, quick read and it sucks you in from the very beginning.

Since the beginning of this book club last fall we have read:
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picolt
Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
and this next month will be Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

I have liked every book that we have read. It has been fun for me to discover that I have a love for reading. I love how it expands your mind! I really love the members of the book club as well and its always so much fun to get together with them.

No comments: