Friday, April 24, 2009

My Awesome Husband

I just had to write and share about a recent essay contest that my hubby entered. He wrote an essay on "The Role of Diversity in the Criminal Justice System" for The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL). Not only did he win first prize, but he is going to be published in The Champion magazine! This is just such a neat opportunity for him and I couldn't be more proud.

It's hard to believe that Nic is finishing his first year of law school! It seems like only yesterday we were visiting law schools and wondering where our future would take us. I am so proud of Nic's hard work and determination. He is in the top 25% of his law school class and is excelling in so many areas. We are looking forward to this summer where he will be doing an internship with the Guardian Ad Litems Office. He is really excited about this opportunity and I hope he enjoys it and can gain some valuable experience there.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ash, that is so cool! I don't know what the "Champion" is, but I bet it's prestigious.

Did you know Jason Berry is a G Ad Litem? I can connect Nic with him if he has questions or something.

Anna Heywood said...

Congratulations Nic, what an honor! It must feel great to see all your hard work and sacrifice paying off. Way to go!

Dave and Mandi said...

Hey long lost institute friends. Very very cool about Nic's essay! He is going to be an amazing lawyer! Hopefully we will never need his services (we don't plan on ever getting caught) but if we ever do have some criminal activity we will know who to call! Congratulations also on the baby. You two are going to be great parents! Can't wait to see pictures of the little one.