Tuesday, March 17, 2009

4 Years Ago Today....

I was at St. Marks hospital having a tumor and my left ovary & fallopian tube removed. We had so many fears of what the outcome would be. Is the tumor cancerous? Will we be able to have children? And today...I am almost 30 weeks pregnant. As I have been contemplating this, I feel overwhelmed with the blessings that Nic and I have received from our Heavenly Father. I feel so happy and thankful that all of this has come to be. I just don't have words to express how I feel!
Baby Classes...
Nic and I were able to take a Third Trimester Birthing class the last 2 weeks. Talk about a lot of information!! I am so glad we took it though. It was great to be surrounded by other first time parents and be able to ask all of the questions that we wanted. We were able to learn relaxation, massage, & breathing techniques which were awesome. We also got to take a tour of the Labor & Delivery unit at the hospital and see where we would be delivering. I think Nic definitely learned more then he would ever care to about dilating, breast feeding, & crying babies! We were both grateful to have taken the class. We have one more we will be going to in April for First Time Mom & Dad's to be. What an exciting time this is!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

So exciting! Can't wait for your family to grow :-)

Kevin said...

Hey Ash!!! 30 weeks! I cant believe it! She will be here before you know it! WE are so excited for you!

Jamie

chrisshelbyemma said...

Oh man! I am so excited for you guys! Email me or something and lets go to lunch! I REALLY want to see you and chat! Miss ya!