Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2nd Trimester! Boy or Girl?

I am enjoying my second trimester much more then my first!! I feel like I can function again because I am not throwing up all day. It feels nice to be able to eat normal foods again and not feel quite as tired. Well, that special time is quickly approaching for when we get to find out the sex of the baby. I would love to hear your guesses of what we are having!

You all know what a fact geek I am. I am loving reading all kinds of books and articles on pregnancy and babies. Here are some facts that were especially interesting to me:

A baby is born every seven seconds.

While in the uterus, babies spend most of their time sleeping. By 32 weeks, a fetus displays rapid eye movement (REM), the hallmark of dreaming. No one knows what babies dream about, although floating around in the warm, comfortable dark is probably a recurrent theme. Scientists believe that fetal dreaming plays an important role in brain development.

By week 34, babies can recognize a specific piece of music. They might even move along with the beat.

Your blood volume will increase by about 50 percent during pregnancy (although this increase varies from person to person). This additional blood volume contributes approximately 4 pounds to the average woman's overall weight gain during pregnancy!

Babies are born with very poor vision but can recognize their mothers almost right away.
Babies are born with swimming abilities and can naturally hold their breath. However, they shortly lose this instinct.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Hmmm. My guess is....a GIRL! :)

Kevin and Jamie said...

I am going to guess that your having a boy! Cant wait to find out!

The Bailey Bunch said...

I think you're going to have a boy. 2nd trimester is the BEST! Enjoy it while you can... the third is a beast. :o)

Lindsay said...

I think you are going to have a girl. You are so good at your hair and makeup that I think you will have a beautiful girl so you can dress her up all cute all the time.

Allie and Fam said...

You are so cute!! I'm guessing a girl... although a boy would be fun for our kids to play! I'm always thinking!!!

Anonymous said...

Guessing a boy for this one! Can't wait to hear what you are having!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess a girl...wow your pregnancy is flying by so fast (I think anyways). It always seems fast when someone else is pregnant;-)