Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jane Eyre, Pride & Prejudice, North & South....

Where have I been? I am the biggest fan of Romance movies, yet I have been in the dark all of these years as to the greatest Chick Flicks of all time! My poor husband has endured about 5 of these movies in the past 2 weeks! I really want to spend most of this Blog entry on telling you that Jane Eyre is the greatest movie of all time, but I have to chalk up some points for the others that I have been watching. Before now, I had never seen Pride & Prejudice (the real 5 hour one) and I totally love that movie. I got it for Christmas and I will be sure to watch it several more times. My sister talked to me about North & South, and although it has its sad parts it has a neat ending. I emailed most of you reading this blog about the Jane Austen Series on Masterpiece Theatre. They are every Sunday night on KUED http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/austen/. We have watched Persuasion & Northanger Abbey already and are looking forward to the rest.

Ok...JANE EYRE!
Have you seen this movie? It is honestly one of the best movies I have ever seen! It is so addicting too! Something about it makes you just want to watch it over and over again! I have already worn out my sister-in-law's copy of this movie (don't worry I have my own copy ordered and it will be here in 2 days)!

I didn't know anything about the story of Jane Eyre (except for the Friends episode about it :). I can't wait to read the book! The story is so unpredictable, fascinating, and interesting! The acting in this movie is so amazing (yes, you have to watch the Masterpiece Theatre version). If you want to borrow this movie from me you are most welcome to! I would love to hear your opinion about Jane Eyre, Jane Austen Book/Movies, or any other books/movies in this genre that you would recommend!

2 comments:

Kevin and Jamie said...

When I was in sixth grade I went to a play of Jane Erye and I have been in love with it ever since!!! And Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books of all time, we should get together and watch them sometime!!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you gave that movie the time it deserved on your blog :)