Friday, January 11, 2008

Bronchitis and Broken Hands....OH MY!

Well Nic and I have had the lovely opportunity to battle Bronchitis the past few weeks. We think we went through the worst of it this week. We have some lovely cough syrup with codeine that helped knock us out at night so we don't wake each other up with all of the COUGH, GASP, SNIFFLE, SNEEZE sounds effects.

My mom called me with some bad news yesterday...my amazing little brother has broken his hand. You may not think that a broken hand is the end of the world, but to a Senior, 2 time State Champion wrestler it is! He broke it during wrestling practice while wrestling with one of the coaches. He needs surgery on it and from what I know he is meeting with a hand surgeon today. They are hopeful that he may be able to get the surgery he needs, and although he will be in a lot of pain, be able to wrestle at Region & State. Please keep him in your prayers!

Well enough of the Miss Debbie Downer today! LOL, I just heard one of my friends use that phrase Debbie Downer and I think its hilarious! On to some good news! Nic and I are over an LDS Marrieds Committee/Class at a local university. We had our first class of the semester yesterday and had an amazing turn out--58 people! Last semester we had around 30 people who would come on a regular basis so we are really excited about this! We are in the process of planning our huge Valentines Dinner & Dance. We are having it semi-formal which I think the ladies are all excited about. We figured there are not a lot of opportunities for young married couples to get dressed up and have a fun night out. We will have a catered dinner and nice entertainment so I am getting super excited! All you married (or engaged) couples out there are invited, just let me know if you want more information!

1 comment:

Kevin and Jamie said...

Hey Ash, is the dance on valentines night? Kevin and I would LOVE to go to that!!! How fun a semi-formal dance!