Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

I took about 100 pictures of the girls in their cute festive dresses (thanks Aunt Kimmy).

 

We didn't have a typical Independence Day, and we sure missed our family, but we did have fun with Nic's day off. We started the day with a yummy breakfast at IHOP (Sam's favorite restaurant)

In the evening we had a fun BBQ with the LDS missionaries in our area and our neighbors

Carson City did score some points with me when we could watch the fireworks from our front yard. We did some star gazing as well.

Independence Day is one of my favorite days of the year and it is a big deal in my family. As I watched the fireworks I couldn't help but think of my siblings in different states watching the fireworks all separate from each other, instead of being at Magna park together. I really missed the West Bountiful Parade & the Magna parade and celebrating Nic's grandma's birthday. It didn't feel like the 4th of July to me, but we had a very nice day as our little family. I hope you had fun celebrating! I am so grateful to live in this wonderful free country.

5 comments:

jess said...

Looks like tons of fun in your front yard! The girls look so cute in their dresses. Really, so adorable.

Kimmy said...

Wow! Looks like it turned out to be a good day!

Jen said...

Glad you still had fun on your altered holiday. Funny how we all tried new things this year (some on purpose, others not). Still love the 4th. God bless America!

Jen said...

And, btw, I don't think a philly cheesesteak counts as breakfast!

Sheryl said...

Those dresses are sooooo.....cute!!!!