Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Odds & Ends

Our lives are changing fast.

Sunday I was released from my church calling in Primary. I have been serving in the primary for over 5 years. It is all I have known since we have lived in this area. I will miss seeing the kids every Sunday and being a part of their lives. On a good note I get to stick with some of them by planning activities for the girls ages 8-11. It should be really fun.

Sam is almost 2, can you believe it? Her talking is improving everyday and she is just so much fun. I love that I get to spend my day with her. She is such a blessing.

We celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary. In some ways it seems like we just got married and in other ways it seems like we have always been married. I love Nic so much, I still can't believe he chose me.

Nic is in the middle of his bar prep class. He is attending the night class most days so that he can work more hours during the day. That makes for long days for both of us.

That brings me to the next point of looking for a car. More than ever we have really been wanting a second car. We have gone over 5 years with just one car. Sometimes it works out just fine. Nic is so good about taking the bus. As everyone knows there are a lot of downsides to public transportation. It takes so long for him to get to work (we live in NSL, he works in Murray) and then he has to take trax downtown and up to the school. Lots of time, lots of transfers.With his class going until 9 or 10pm, that means he isn't home until an hour later. The days he does take the car I feel so trapped at home with nothing to do and errands pile up. Dilemma. So we have started our journey of finding a second car. We have never had a car payment so it is a really tough decision for us to make. We debate back and forth on getting a cheap old car to last us a couple of years or do the scarier thing and buy a new (not new, but newer) car and get one that we really want that will last longer. Oh adult decisions :) I would love to hear your advice or opinion.

3 comments:

{Marie Long} said...

we too have never had a car payment. We found our van on KSL for pretty cheep, and we still think we got an amazing deal!

Jen said...

I know how tough of a decision that is. Heck, in 15 years the only car we bought together was this van in Sept.

I am so proud of you for doing one car for so long. I definitely remember those days.

Lesley said...

We had a bad experience several years ago with a car dealership that left me wary of car salesmen. When we bought our last car Mike had a friend who used to work in a dealership and we took him car shopping with us. He knew all the ins and outs and it was so helpful. It has also been a great car.

btw I am an activity day leader also, it's a lot of fun :-)