Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lovely Lorraine's Cupcakes

The last couple of weeks have been out of control. You know I love to make cupcakes. Well, I am getting more and more requests for them so I decided to sit down and figure out my costs, how long it takes me to make them, and put together some real prices. I had a woman who was referred to me call and ask for a cupcake order this week. She told me to drop off some business cards with the cupcakes so she could hand them out to her guests. Well that really got the ball rolling and now.....Lovely Lorraine's Cupcakes is born!

My middle name is Lorraine and Nic came up with "Lovely Lorraine's Cupcakes" and I instantly loved it. My middle name comes from someone who is sweet, kind, a wonderful cook and I admire her very much. I feel it's very fitting for my little cupcake business. I really have no idea if I will have any orders in the future, but for now I am moving full speed ahead.

First on the agenda was generating information. So I created a blog, facebook page, and my own business cards. Next will be researching business licenses, food handlers permits, all of the non-fun part of it.

Feel free to check out the new blog:
http://lovelylorrainescupcakes.blogspot.com/

No comments: