Monday, April 11, 2011

Home Sweet Home

For the past 6 years we have lived in the same cute little apartment. I have never spent the money to buy furniture or real decorations because I have always known that our time here would be temporary. (Well, I guess it wasn't as temporary as we thought it was going to be). All of our furniture & most of the decor in our house was given to us for our wedding or as a hand-me-down. Lately I have been feeling like I hate how everything looks in our house..mismatched, old, worn out. It makes it extra hard to not love my surroundings when I am usually at home for the majority of the day.

On Sunday we had a great lesson on being happy with where you are at RIGHT NOW in your life and not focusing on what you will have/want in the future. This year, more than ever, I have only been thinking about the future. I decided to change something in my house everyday this week to help me feel better about living here.

Today's Project: Living Room Wall
My dear friend gave me this beautiful wall vinyl.

So I decided to surround it with pictures of Nic and I that show our love story. I did one picture collage of us dating and one of our honeymoon. I love looking at these pictures and I am happy that I finally found a way to display them. Seeing these pictures makes me happy, so I think it will be great to have them in the living room where I spend the majority of my time. Extra bonus,  I had everything to make the changes so it didn't cost me anything.  

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, that vinyl is breathtaking! Was it from Allie? Who?

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

No, from Shelby! Thanks!!

North Salties said...

So cute! I love it! What a fun way to decorate your house.

Kimmy said...

I love how positive you are about your situation and you life! You are great