Friday, June 19, 2009

Parenthood

Wow, what a week this has been. I am overwhelmed with all of the emotions that I have felt since being induced last Wednesday. It seems like just yesterday we were checking into the hospital and now our beautiful baby is 1 week old! I can't believe how hard..and how amazing parenthood is. I am so protective of Samantha already. I can't stand it when she cries because I want to make everything ok for her. It's hard for me and Nic to have other people hold her because we feel so protective of her. I just stare at her constantly, I think she is so beautiful. I can't get over what a miracle it is to have her here. I really don't know how we could live without her now.

I just wanted to say thank you to our family members for all of their help and support the past week. We really appreciate the visits and phone calls. All of my siblings have been so wonderful to me and I really appreciate them. I wanted to also give a big thank you to my in-laws for providing meals for us AND for cleaning my house! You guys are the best.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

So sweet! I'm so glad you're a momma. You'll be a fabulous momma for her. Enjoy your sleep whenever you can-- dishes and such can be done anytime, sleep cannot. So sleep and forget everything else.

Aubrey said...

Being a parent is the best huh? Nobody warned me about how fast they grow. It just seems like yesterday Trav & I brought Macie home from the hospital, and now she's almost 10 months old! Before we know it, she'll be asking to borrow the car!
Hang on for dear life, it's one awesome ride, and it just keeps getting better!

Wendy said...

After just a week I think it's really clear how well you both have shifted into the parenting role. I'm even more impressed with you and Nic than I was before!

Jen said...

She IS beautiful and you should stare at her constantly! Take it one day at a time and breathe her in every second.

Allie and Fam said...

You guys are so amazing already! I am planning on visiting soon... I have been sick all week and there's not a chance I would come around your new baby! So I will see you as soon as I can!

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

You two made a beautiful baby! She has gorgeous features! She is just about the exact size Hazel was when she was born.

Kevin and Jamie said...

HEY!!!!!!!!!! We need to come and see your new little girl!!! Is your email adress the same?

Mills said...

Ashley and Nic -
Congratulations!
You have a beautiful little girl.
She is sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda and Brittany

Unknown said...

She's adorable! Nic and Smash, congrats!!!!

Marcus, Randi, and Isaac said...

She is so beautiful and I can't wait to meet her.